[Deutsch] [Français] [Español] [Português ]

Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to work

I woke up excruciatingly early today...somewhere around 5:00 AM...and am already dressed and ready to go. Why? I have no idea. My sleeping patterns been so terrible since I got here. I go to bed really early (as I've mentioned) but still, I don't wake up to my alarm. I'm either up far to early or oversleep. I'm sure it is just a transition that I need to get used to, but believe you me, it is no fun right now.

Sunday was relaxed. I spent the majority of the day in sweats just bumming around my room and watching The West Wing on my computer. In the evening I finally got some laundry done (which was good because I was down to just t-shirts and I think that might be a tad casual for the office) and watched a movie with Jacque.

I haven't the slightest what I'll be doing at work today. They sent me up to the capitol the other day to drop off a book...that was nice...maybe I can do that again.

My roommate was upset that she had to go to the capitol today to take notes on a congressional hearing. While I understand that these hearings are a bit mundane and can make little to no sense sometimes, I think it sounds fantastic. I may be easily impressed or perhaps I just get more excited about things than I should...but to go to the nation's capitol to work sounds amazing to me. I have been there multiple times now and am still in awe just walking by it and knowing I'm where it all happens. To tell you the truth I hope that never goes away. I think people are too easily numbed to the grandeur that is this city. Obviously, my perspective is a bit skewed given my obsession with politics, but this is like Mecca to me. For years I have studied what happens here and wanted to be involved with it, and now that I am, I'm not going to complain about "having" to go the hill.

Also, in my attempt to figure out blogspot, I accidentally deleted a couple of comments. My apologies to Zahra and Gina! It wasn't done intentionally!

Hope everybody's week goes well. I really appreciate how many people have been reading this. It is nice to know that I'm not just typing these thoughts to myself.




And how could it not be a good day? President Obama is allowing states to set stricter regulations on auto-emissions. Three days at work and already I'm seeing progress!

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I miss having the West Wing in my life.

Oh, and you too, I guess.

I think you should start museuming on the weekends! And buy postcards and send them to me.

 
At January 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you George...there is something about working in DC. I lived in Rockville for about 9 months, and spent many a weekend down on the mall, and going to the monuments and museums, but I never went to the Capitol. Maybe I'll surprise you one weekend and we can go together.

Love reading about your adventure.

Love you kiddo....
Aunt Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2008, 2009, Some rights reserved. You may use information here on your own site only if you attribute it and link back to the source. This is a personal site, views expressed here are my own, not those of my employer or other associates.