[Deutsch] [Français] [Español] [Português ]

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I was so close..

to having the internet this morning. The cable company came by at 8 am to install it, along with our cable, but upon arrival they found there was some issue with the apartment complex not leaving them the proper key to turn on our cable. So, we're not going to get it until later this week. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but we ordered this nearly three weeks ago and I am really getting sick of shoddy internet connections from other people's wireless in my building.

Tonight I finally just made some time for myself and am relaxing at Panera bread co. while using their wireless. It is nice to just sit, relax, and be able to freely use the internet.

Not much has really happened in the last few days. On Thursday night I went to an event where Mike was talking about his book and snapped a few pictures so Adam could post them on our website. Beyond that, however, the last two days have been really laid back.

I'm feeling more and more confident at work. Strangely enough i think it was the phones that were giving me the most problems. When you get a call for Mike and accidentally hang up on them or put them through improperly it really make you feel stupid. This Friday, however, I finally started to feel "at home" in the office. I wasn't asking Adam to explain things to me 3-4 times, I wasn't transferring people improperly, and I wasn't getting lost downtown for 2 hours.

Long story short, I'm getting the hang of it.

The work I've been doing hasn't been too bad either. It has mostly been running errands or checking things out online. It is nice to feel a bit more plugged in to the progressive blogosphere.

Finally, as a small plug, I would love it if anyone here purchased Mike's book. You can do so fairly cheaply here. Like I have said before, it is a great read and the more I hear Mike talk about it, the more passionate I become about it as well.

Despite the fact that it is Saturday, I believe I'm going to go turn in soon. Since my arrival I have just been completely drained. Is this what it is like not being in college? Bed before 2 am? Really?

Hope you all are well. Feel free to leave me comments asking about anything specific I am leaving out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2008, 2009, Some rights reserved. You may use information here on your own site only if you attribute it and link back to the source. This is a personal site, views expressed here are my own, not those of my employer or other associates.