[Deutsch] [Français] [Español] [Português ]

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Leaving tomorrow

I'm just hanging out in my room trying to go to sleep and I figured I'd update this one more time before I got out there. The car is all packed (dear lord is it full...) and I'm just geared up to go.

Today I had me some lunch with some friends which was really fun, but a wee bit sad for me. I feel kind of strange saying 'bye' to people this time just because usually it's a three hour difference where I know I can come back whenever and say hey. This time, Emily will be in Amsterdam, Haley will be in the Czech Republic, and Meg will be Italy. Granted some will still be in Lincoln, but its still just a weird feeling that we won't all be together again until mid-summer. Pardon the sentimentality, I just get overly nostalgic sometimes.

Beyond that, however, I am simply ecstatic to get started out in DC. My roommates, Rachel and Jacque, have already moved in and say that the apartment is great! Apparently I get the big room which might be strange given that I have a twin bed and little furniture to fill it up with. Either way, the space will be nice and I'm sure I'll make it look alright.

I had better go to bed now though. We're leaving around mid-morning/noonish and driving to south bend Indiana(?). Hopefully I'll be able to update this in the hotel tomorrow night...if there is anything important to say.

So that is my life right now. I intend to keep this blog mostly to my everyday events, but from time to time I'm sure that I will get into politics. And I just want to say (even though I assume its common sense) that this entire Israel/Gaza situation is completely ridiculous. I understand that Hamas had launched rockets at Israel...but this is most definately a disproportianate response. I get that Israel is upset and feels threatened, but to kill this many innocent civilians and to kill this many children is absolutely ludacris. In my opinion, no side is right or wrong...I just think that as of right now its almost as if Israel has finally snapped and just won't stop until they've leveled everything and anything in their path. Having the kind of military capabilities to carry out these sort of attacks brings with it an obvious responsibilty (not to invoke uncle Ben too much...). Anyway....the entire thing just saddens me.

Hope everyone is doing well, talk to you again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2008, 2009, Some rights reserved. You may use information here on your own site only if you attribute it and link back to the source. This is a personal site, views expressed here are my own, not those of my employer or other associates.